Aubergine (Eggplant) Choka
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 aubergine (eggplant) medium/large
- 1 large onion (cut in half and thinly sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/4 bell pepper (green) cut into squares
- 1/4 bell pepper (yellow) cut into squares
- 1/4 bell pepper (red) cut into squares
- 2 spring onions/ scallions (chopped)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red chilli (seeds removed) chopped- optional
- Top with:
- Fresh Coriander or Cilantro (chopped)
- Preheat Oven Grill to 180C/350F!
- Place all of the ingredients on a lined or non-stick baking sheet.
- Using clean hands, mix to coat all of the ingredients with the oil, to prevent them from drying out or burning.
- Place the tray on the shelf closest to the grill and allow to cook for 25 mins.
- Remove from the oven and using a fork or a potato masher, crush the aubergine pieces. The peppers will stay roughly intact.
- Serve with toast bread, use as a sandwich spread, enjoy with wraps, crackers or whatever you desire.
- This recipe is also great for use as a starter or canape.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..