Published on 15/03/2020 | In By Cleo |2 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups (240 g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz butter (125 g) softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (2-3) medium bananas mashed
- Preheat oven to 165C/330F
- Add the lemon juice and the milk to the mashed bananas and mix thoroughly to combine. Watch the demo video.
- In another mixing bowl, add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar and softened butter
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Beat eggs and vanilla together or add eggs one at a time to creamed butter and sugar followed by vanilla extract.
- After adding either half the beaten egg mixture or one egg, beat for 1 min each time.
- Fold half of the flour mixture into the creamed butter and sugar.
- Fold in half the banana mixture into the batter.
- Add the remaining flour and mix thoroughly, followed by the remaining banana mixture.
- Pour into your prepared baking tin and bake at 165C/330F for 50-60 mins
- Remove the cake from the pan when cooled, slice and serve.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 75 Minutes
- Recipe Type :
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
2 Responses to Banana Bread/Cake
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
Superb banana loaf! Usually recipes turn out a dense and sometimes dry loaf, but this recipe yields a light and and moist cake. Thank you
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this recipe ! I hope you enjoyed eating it as much as I enjoyed creating it 🙂