Published on 28/10/2016 | In By Cleo |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted butter plus extra for cooking
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 16 ozs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, baking powder.
- In a medium bowl or measuring cup add milk, melted butter, vanilla extract and egg. Beat the egg into the milk mixture.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients followed by the blueberries and mix thoroughly.
- Allow the batter to rest for about twenty minutes before cooking pancakes.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brush with some melted butter.
- Using a measuring cup, add a 1 cup of pancake batter to the hot pan and allow to cook until the top of the mixture appears to have mostly dried out.
- Turn the pancake and allow the other side to cook approximately three minutes.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and set aside on a plate. Continue step 6-8 until all the batter is used up.
- Serve pancakes with butter and maple syrup
- Tips: 1. Use an 8” non-stick frying pan to cook the pancakes on one side, then turn out into a large non-stick frying or griddle pan if you are not good at flipping them. 2. Using a whisk to mix the batter would prevent it being lumpy.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Breakfast
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.