Caribbean Spiced Sorrel Drink (Trinidad Spiced Sorrel Drink)
Published on 24/12/2020 | In By Cleo |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 10 pts
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 (100g) pack of dried red Sorrel
- 4 (2") pieces cinnamon sticks
- 4-6 bay leaves
- 24 whole cloves
- 6 litres water
- 4-5 cups light brown sugar
- Add Sorrel, cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks and water to a large pot and place over medium heat and allow to boil for 30-40 mins.
- Turn off the heat and sweeten the sorrel while hot, this will help the sugar to dissolve really quickly.
- Allow the sorrel to cool and continue drawing with the spices.
- Strain the sorrel using a muslin cloth or a large sieve with good quality paper towel.
- Discard the used sorrel and the spices.
- Bottle the sorrel and store in the refrigerator.
- Notes: Sorrel tend to taste sweeter as it ages and the flavour intensifies. Dilute the sorrel to your taste using stilled, sparkling or soda water.
- Servings : 20
- Ready in : 35 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Featured
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.