Cheese and Onion Scone Bread with Green Olives
Published on 23/12/2016 | In By Cleo |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.7 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp (2 oz) butter
- 2/3 cup whole milk (6 ozs)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 oz cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/2 white onion grated
- 2 tbsp green pitted olives (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 425*F/210*C.
- In a large mixing bowl add; flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add butter to the flour mixture and cut using a couple of dinner knives, pastry blender or crumble by hand until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the cheese, onion and olives
- Mix; milk, egg, and vanilla and blend into the dry ingredients using a form to make a soft dough. If the dough is extra sticky add no more than 1-2 tbsp flour to soak up excess moisture.
- Pour the dough into a lightly greased cake pan and brush the top with a little milk.
- Put in the preheated oven, and bake for 40 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 50 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Breakfast
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
3 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.