Cheesy Pasta with Bacon and Sweet Pepper
Published on 29/12/2016 | In By Cleo |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.8 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 medium white onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cooked bacon (broken into smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cornflakes crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 300g pasta
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 green chilli (finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- Cook the pasta in salted water with 1 tbsp vegetable oil according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/360*F. Place a large ovenproof pan over a medium to high heat and after 1 min, add butter.
- When the butter has melted, add the onions and sauté. After 1 min add the garlic and continue to sauté for about 3 mins.
- Add the bacon and continue to stir for a further minute.
- Add milk and flour and stir; the sauce will begin to thicken.
- Add black pepper and 1 1/2 cups cheese and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the peppers followed by the cooked pasta.
- Top with grated cheese and cornflakes or breadcrumbs.
- Place in the preheated oven for the 10-15 mins to form a light golden crust.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
- Servings : 4-6
- Ready in : 50 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Main Courses
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.