Published on 19/11/2016 | In By Cleo |2 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar or caster sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups frozen or fresh cranberries
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract (optional) brandy or rum
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Preheat the Oven to 180*C/360*F
- In a large add sugar and melted butter together and mix thoroughly.
- Add eggs and essence and continue mixing until the eggs are incorporated into the butter and sugar.
- Add the flour and cranberries and mix thoroughly. The mixture will be quite stiff, especially with frozen berries.
- Place the mixture into a greased and lined; square baking tin and spread out evenly, ensuring that the top of the mixture is as smooth as possible
- Put in preheated oven, and bake for 30 mins or until skewer or tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. After the pie has cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar using a small or large wire sieve.
- Cut into squares and serve with vanilla ice cream or on its own.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Desserts
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5 / 5)
2 Responses to Cranberry Pie
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
My whole family loved this recipe, I would make it everyday if I had the time it was so delicious. Thank you