Creamy Parmesan Potatoes with Garlic and Chives
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.7 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp plain greek yoghurt or plain cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water and add salt.
- Place over a medium to high heat and cook until the potatoes are soft. Use a fork to test the centre of the potatoes and if there is no resistance and the fork goes straight through with ease then the they are cooked thorougly. Tip: For the potatoes to cook quickly cut them in half and make sure the pan is large enough so they can move around while boiling.
- Drain all the water from the potatoes and add black pepper, yoghurt, garlic, parmesan cheese, chives and mash until a smooth mixture is formed. Tip: For lighter mash potatoes add some extra yoghurt, milk or some of the potato water from boiling.
- Give the mixture a good stir to evenly distribute all the ingredients.
- Serve hot.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 45 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Main Courses
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..