Easy Chicken Stew
Published on 04/07/2022 | In By Cleo |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6-8 chicken pieces (skinless)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium white onion (chopped)
- 1 spring onion/green onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh chives (chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 sage leaf or 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 sprigs parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark mushroom soy sauce or 3/4 tbsp browning
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste or 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1carrots (optional)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and diced (optional)
- 1 celery stalk (optional)
- Meat Preparation:
- 1 lemon
- In this recipe, I have used a whole chicken skinned (apart from the wings) and have cut it into pieces.
- In a large bowl add your chicken pieces and squeeze the juice of one lemon over the meat.
- Stir the meat to evenly distribute the lemon juice and set aside for 15 to 20 mins
- Add enough water to cover the meat and then pour it off directly into the sink to remove the acidic lemon juice. Alternatively, you can use a paper towel to remove the lemon juice and avoid rinsing.
- Add all of the ingredients to the meat and mix thoroughly to combine. The vegetable oil can be added at this stage or to the pan before adding the meat.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat.
- After 1 minute add the oil and allow to heat through for another minute.
- Add the meat and stir the ingredients in the pan.
- Cover and allow to simmer. NB: The chicken will spring it's own juice. Allow the meat to cook in these juices and only add additional liquid if necessary.
- Check the pot every 15 minutes and stir the ingredients to allow even colouring of the meat.
- Allow cooking for 45 mins in total.
- Serve as desired. Enjoy!
- Servings : 4-6
- Ready in : 60 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Featured
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.