- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.4 /5)
- 6 ratings
- 100g fresh ginger (finely minced)
- 150g softened butter
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 350g (2 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Then add egg and continue mixing until the mixture is fluffy and the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add the flour, ginger, salt, baking soda to the butter and sugar mixture and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/360*F
- Using a small ice cream scoop or 2 two teaspoons, scoop the cookies onto a lined or non-stick baking sheets. There is no need to flatten them as they will do this naturally.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven and bake for 20 mins until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to rest a few mins before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- When the gingersnaps have completely cooled, transfer them to an airtight container for storage. If they make it that far :)
- Servings : 35
- Ready in : 35 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Desserts
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..