Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 275 g caster sugar
- 284 ml pot double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml water
- Add sugar and water to a heavy bottom saucepan and place over a medium-high heat.
- DO NOT STIR! Keep close watch while the sugar and water boils.
- NB: Sugar can get very hot. Therefore, place pot to the back of hob/stove particularly if there are kids around.
- When the sugar water mixture turns a rich golden/amber colour, add the double cream.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat briefly while whisking to remove any clumbs formed.
- Return the pan to the heat and continue stirring until all of the clumps have been dissolved and a smooth syrup appears.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Drizzle over cake or whatever you prefer.
- Store any left-over caramel in a clean glass jar and place in the refrigerator. It will keep for 2-3 weeks.
- Servings : N/A
- Ready in : 55 Minutes
- Recipe Type :
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..