Pumpkin (Squash) Cake
Published on 31/10/2016 | In By Cleo |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 8 ozs butternut squash/pumpkin (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 160 ml water (to cook squash)
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups soft dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 0zs butter (cold and cut in cubes)
- 3 tbsp dried pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the Oven to 350*F/175*C
- Grease medium loaf pan and line the bottom with greaseproof or parchment paper.
- Place the squash in a pan, add the water and cook over a medium to high heat until soft.
- In a medium bowl; add flour, ginger, cinnamon, spice and salt.
- Drain the water from the squash and transfer to a large bowl, mash using a potato masher until smooth.
- Add the cold butter to the hot squash as this will help it to cool, mix thoroughly to incorporate the butter.
- Add the brown sugar, and the eggs combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle the pumpkin seeds to cover the entire surface of the cake.
- Bake for 40 mins until done or a skewer put in the centre comes out clean.
- Servings : 8
- Ready in : 55 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Desserts
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.