Smoked Mackerel with Carrots and Tomatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 4 smoked Mackerel fillets (pre-cooked)
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes (seeds removed) chopped
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot cut into thin julienne pieces (aka match sticks)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 150 ml water
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper (if necessary)
- 1 red chilli (sliced) optional
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- Place a large non-stick frying or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- After 1 min add oil, followed by onions and sauté for 3 mins.
- Add garlic and carrots pieces and sauté for 3-5 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes, spring onion and water and stir to mix all the ingredients.
- Add salt, allspice, pepper if using as well as tomato paste.
- Stir to mix all the ingredients.
- Allow the sauce to cook for 2 mins before adding cooked fish, avoid any overlapping.
- The fish is cooked, so just allow to heat up for 2 mins.
- Squeeze the juice of quarter - half the lemon over the fish.
- Slice half the lemon into thin circles removing any seeds and arrange over the fish.
- Serve hot!
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 20 Minutes
- Recipe Type :
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..