Sweet Curried Mango (Sweet Curried Mangoes)
Published on 06/11/2021 | In By Cleo |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 mangoes large half-ripen and firm (cut into cubes with skin on)
- 1 litre water
- 1 tsp salt
- For Curry Paste:
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cumin (geerah)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp/1tbsp Anchar Masala
- 5 oz water
- For: Sweet Curried Mango
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Wash, slice and cut your mango into cubes leaving the skin on.
- Place a large pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 litre of water, salt and chopped mangoes.
- Cook the mangoes for 15-20 mins until the skin is tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Drain the cooked mangoes of the liquid. This liquid can be reserved for mixing the curry paste if you wish.
- In a jug add 5 fl ounces of water, curry powder, cumin/geerah, turmeric and anchar masala. Mix this mixture well to combine all of the ingredients.
- Place a large heavy bottom pan over medium heat and add oil.
- After 1 min add the curry paste mixture and cook for 5 mins stirring frequently.
- Add the brown sugar to the cooked curry mixture and stir to dissolve.
- Add the cooked mangoes and arrange them in the pan to sit in the sauce.
- Lower the heat to low-medium and allow the mango pieces to simmer in the sauce until thicken and done.
- Turn the heat off. Allow the mango to cool and serve with a side dish or enjoy as a sweet snack.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- Recipe Type :
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.