Aubergine (Eggplant) Chicken Curry
Published on 28/10/2016 | In By Cleo |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 medium aubergine (diced)
- 1 cup mangetout beans
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small white onion (grated)
- 3 spring onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp salt
- For the Lemon Bath:
- 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 cups water
- For the Curry Paste:
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 100 ml water
- For sauce:
- 100 ml water
- Add 3 cups water to a large bowl, slice the lemon into medium thick circles and squeeze into the water along with the rind. Add salt to the water and mix well.
- Add the chicken thighs to the lemon bath and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the water chicken from the bath and gently rinse to remove excess lemon juice.
- Add coriander, garlic, salt, black pepper, paprika, onion, and spring onions to the chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Make the curry paste by adding the ingredients to a container with the water and mixing well.
- Place a large heavy bottom pan over a medium to high heat. Add the oil to the pan and after two minutes add the curry paste.
- Stir the paste for a couple of minutes to cook the mixture, then add the chicken and mix thoroughly to coat the chicken pieces and allow to simmer in its juices for about five mins
- Add the aubergine to the pot, thoroughly mixing again to coat the aubergine pieces. After a few minutes, add 100ml water.
- Cover the pan with a tight lid and reduce the heat to medium and allow to simmer for 35mins. Checking and stirring at ten-minute intervals. Gently crush the cooked aubergine to help it disintegrate into the sauce.
- After 30 minutes, the aubergine pieces should be fully disintegrated. Add the mangetout and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Stir chopped coriander into the curry.
- Tip: 1. Juices from the chicken should be clear when a fork or knife is inserted into the centre. Ensure the chicken is fully cooked before removing from the heat.
- Remove from the heat and serve with hot basmati rice.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 70 Minutes
- Recipe Type : ChikenMain Courses
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.