Butter, Pecan and Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 225g butter
- 150g sugar (80g soft brown sugar, 70g caster sugar)
- 250g rolled oats
- 125g plain flour
- I cup roasted pecans (roughly chopped)
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 380*F/190*C.
- Add pecan nuts to a baking dish and roast in hot oven for about five minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the oven, empty onto a chopping board and chop roughly.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour, rolled oats, pecans, bicarbonate soda, vanilla, salt and combine to form a thick mixture.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or teaspoon to place mixture onto a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment/greaseproof paper.
- Use your fingers to flatten slightly, each scoop of mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown slightly.
- Once removed from the oven, allow the cookies to rest before transferring them to a cooling rack, this will minimise the chance of breakage.
- Once properly cooled, store in an airtight container
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..