Chick Peas Curry (Curry Channa)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 400g Tin Chick Peas
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander/cilantro/chadon beni (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp oil
- For Curry Paste:
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin/geera
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (ground)
- 1/2 tsp anchar masala (optional)
- 1 tbsp curry powder (mild madras)
- Add all of the ingredients for the curry paste into the water and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and allow to heat for one minute.
- Add the curry paste to the oil and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly. This allows the spices to cook, avoiding a raw grainy texture.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to the to the curry paste and allow to cook foe 2 mins.
- Pour in the chick peas including the water from the tin and stir to coat the chick peas in the curry mixture.
- Cover and allow to cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, add the salt and chopped coriander. Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Cover and allow to simmer for a further 5-10 minutes .
- Turn off the heat and serve as desired.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..