Chocolate and Vanilla Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.8 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 200 g butter (softened)
- 150 g butter (softened)
- 200 g caster sugar
- 150 g caster sugar
- 200 g flour (self-rising)
- 100 g flour (self-rising)
- 50 g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp coffee (mixed in 2 tbsp warm water)
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 175 C/350 F Grease an10 x 8" fluted cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 200g sugar and 200g butter
- Cream the butter and sugar for 5 mins. Add vanilla extract
- Then add eggs one at a time beating for 30 seconds on high between each addition.
- Fold 200g flour into the creamed mixture in 2-3 stages adding 2 tbsps milk in between.
- In a small mixing bowl, add 100g flour and 50g cocoa powder and mix to combine.
- Cream 100 g butter and 100g sugar together for 5 mins.
- Add egg and mix for 30 seconds on high speed.
- Fold in flour and cocoa into creamed butter and sugar in two stages, adding coffee in between.
- In your prepared cake tin. Place a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of chocolate batter side by side and continue the sequence until the entire base is covered.
- Use the remaining batter to top-up/heighten the layers.
- Gently level the tops if possible and place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 mins until cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Servings : 12-15
- Ready in : 70 Minutes
- Recipe Type :
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..