Crispy Oven-fried Drumsticks
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 8 chicken drumsticks (skin-on)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp ground garlic or fresh garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp thyme leaves (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- For the Lemon Bath:
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 lemon
- For coating:
- 2 1/2-3 cups ground cornflakes
- 250-284 ml vegetarian double cream/double cream or buttermilk
- In a large bowl place drumsticks and squeeze the juice of one lemon over them.
- Add salt to the bowl and mix to coat the drumsticks in the salt and the lemon juice.
- Add enough water to just cover the drumsticks and allow the pieces to sit in the lemon brine for approximately 30 mins.
- Pour the brine from the drumsticks and ensure that all of the water is drained off.
- Add all of the dried seasonings to the drumsticks and mix thoroughly to coat well.
- Allow the chicken pieces to marinate for at least 15 mins before cooking. The longer the better.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/360F
- Lightly grease a baking tray with oil.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the cream using one hand and using the other hand, coat the pieces with the ground cornflakes flour/crumbs. (see recipe video attached)
- Place the chicken pieces on the greased baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 mins or until done and golden brown.
- Serve hot with chips, salad or whatever you prefer.
- Servings : 4-8
- Ready in : 90 Minutes
- Recipe Type :
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..