Published on 28/10/2016 | In By Cleo |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp caster sugar or light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter (2 ozs)
- 2/3 cup whole milk (6 ozs)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 25g chopped glace cherries
- 25g mixed peel
- 25g currants
- Preheat the oven to 425*F/210*C.
- In a large mixing bowl add; flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add butter to the flour mixture and cut using a couple of dinner knives, pastry blender or crumble by hand until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the fruits.
- Mix; milk, egg, and vanilla and blend into the dry ingredients using a form to make a soft dough. If the dough is extra sticky add no more than 1-2 tbsp flour to soak up excess moisture.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface or pastry mat. Knead the dough gently.
- Using the palm of your hands, pat the dough out to about 1” thickness and form into a circle.
- Use a 3” round biscuit cutter to cut the scones out.
- Carefully lift the scones and place them onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof or parchment paper.
- Brush the scones with milk and sprinkle lightly with caster sugar
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 12 mins and serve hot with butter or with Greek Yoghurt and Jam
- Servings : 8
- Ready in : 22 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Breakfast
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.