Light Fruit Cake/Christmas Cake
Published on 01/12/2019 | In By Cleo |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 350 g butter (softened)
- 300 g caster sugar
- 350 g self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup glace cherries
- 1 tsp mixed peel
- 110 ml red wine
- 40 ml brandy (or rum) or mixture
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F
- In a medium bowl, add raisins, currants, cherries, mixed peel, wine and cinnamon
- Add softened butter and sugar to a medium bowl and beat using an electric beater for 5 mins or until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat for 30 seconds between each addition.
- Add fruit mixture to the creamed butter and sugar and mix to combine the ingredients.
- Add the flour in three stages, mixing thoroughly between each stage.
- Add the batter to a greased non-stick cake pan or lined pan. Level/smooth the top of the cake.
- Place the cake in the preheated oven and bake for 50-60 mins until done. A tester inserted in the centre should come out clean.
- Servings : 12
- Ready in : 85 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Christmas
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.