Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.8 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 6 large sweet red bell peppers (largely diced)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 large white onion (chopped)
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 - 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coriander(chopped) or cilantro, chaddon beni
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 spring onions
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 chicken stock cube (dissolved in 1 cup of boiling water)
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups water
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/360*F.
- Spread the peppers on a large baking sheet in an even layer and place in the preheated oven and roast for 15 mins.
- In a medium pan, saute the onions and the garlic in the butter for 5 mins.
- Remove some a couple tablespoons of the coconut cream for garnishing the soup when it is done.
- Add the chicken stock, water, coconut milk, salt, black pepper to the sauteed onions and garlic.
- Allow this to simmer over a medium to high heat for about ten mins.
- Add the roasted peppers, coriander and spring onions to the pan and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Using an immersion blender or by transferring the mixture to a heatproof blender. Blend the until you have a smooth soup.
- Pour the hot soup into serving bowls and using a teaspoon, drizzle the coconut cream set aside, over the top to form a nice pattern and serve.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 45 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Starters
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..