Saltfish Fritters/Saltfish Accra/Bajan Fish Cakes/Stamp and Go
Published on 15/05/2020 | In By Cleo |1 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 300g boneless salt fish
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 white onion finely diced
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 hot chilli finely diced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz warm water
- Fill a medium saucepan half full with water and place over medium-high heat.
- Rinse the salt grains from the salt fish, then add the fish to the saucepan and boil.
- Keep an eye on the pan as the salt fish may cause the water to boil over.
- As the water begins to rise up in the pot, remove the pan from the heat and pour off the water.
- Fill the pan half-full again with water and return to the heat.
- Repeat the same steps as previously and pour the water after boiling as before.
- Taste the fish for saltiness, if you are satisfied with the level of salt in the fish, it is ready for preparing the recipe.
- In a medium bowl, break the cooked fish into small pieces.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the bowl and mix to form a batter.
- Allow the batter to marinate for at least 15 mins.
- Using a deep fryer or a pan with oil, heat the oil to 190C.
- When the oil is ready, drop the batter into the hot oil using a small ice cream scoop or two teaspoons.
- The fritters will puff up, cook and brown quickly.
- As soon as they reach the desired golden brown colour, remove them from the fryer and place on a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- Serve hot.
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
- (5 / 5)
One Response to Saltfish Fritters/Saltfish Accra/Bajan Fish Cakes/Stamp and Go
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..
What an awesome appetizer!!!