Sourdough Discard Pizza
- Cook Time
- 2 (8 slice pizzas)
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 100 g sourdough discard (or all of your day one discard)
- 3 cups strong white bread flour or plain flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 ml water (warm)
- For toppings:
- 4 mushrooms
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 red or green chilli sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/4 -1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Place the sourdough discard to a large bowl.
- Add the water to the discard and mix thoroughly.
- Add the sugar, salt, oil and continue mixing.
- Add the flour to the sourdough mixture and mix to form a soft smooth dough.
- Dust with a little extra flour if too sticky.
- Form the dough into a nice round, cover with plastic wrap followed by a towel and leave overnight or for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/360F
- Punch the dough down and place on a floured countertop or pastry mat.
- Divide the dough into two equal halves. Form each half into a smooth round ball.
- Flour your rolling pin and roll each half into a small circle.
- Pick the dough up and use your knuckles to stretch it into a smooth wrong to fit the size of your pizza tray. You can carry-on with the rolling pin if you prefer that method.
- Place the rolled out or stretched dough into the pizza tray. Repeat for the other half of the dough.
- Place 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste onto the pizza and spread to cover the surface using the back of a spoon.
- Cover the surface of the dough with grated cheese and the toppings of your choice.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 17 mins or until you are happy with the browning of the edges.
- Serve hot.
- Servings : 8
- Ready in : 25 Minutes
- Recipe Type :
- Ingredient : Sourdough
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..